"Tweed is committed to thrilling its customers, its neighbors, its associates, its suppliers, and its shareholders by constantly improving each of the processes that it manages."
Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions. If we can help you with anything else, please email email@example.com , or call the store at 804-249-3900
(Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat 10 - 6. Tue and Thu 10 - 8. Sun 12 - 5.).
- Q: Is gift packaging available?
- A: Yes! We take pride in the presentation of a gift. Our signature gift wrap is available for $5.00 per gift box. A gift wrap option will be presented upon checkout, and choices include Tweed's signature, chocolate brown box,
with a pale blue bow (available anytime), or for the holidays, our glossy, lipstick red box, with a lime green bow (available September - December).
- Q: Can multiple items be wrapped together in one gift box?
- A: Due to the uniqueness of our presentation and the precise measurements of our gift boxes in relation to our merchandise, we only offer one gift box per item at this time.
- Q: Do all items fit in a Tweed box?
- A: In the event that a product will not fit into a Tweed box, we will wrap that particular item in an alternative way that is presentable and suitable for that particular product.
- Q: Do you ship to addresses outside of the United States?
- A: Currently, no. We ship solely to the United States.
- Q: Do you ship to PO boxes?
- A: Currently, yes. We do ship to PO boxes.
- Q: What are my shipping options and rates?
- A: Shipping rates are calculated according to the purchase value of your order. Tweed ships via USPS, FedEx, or UPS. Each address you instruct us to ship to, including gift-recipient addresses, is considered a separate order and is subject to applicable shipping charges.
Ground Shipping Rates:
||$20 and under||.........||$6.00
||$150 and over||.........||FREE SHIPPING
2nd Day Air (allow 2 business days): Add $15.00
Overnight (next day delivery): Add $25.00
- Q: When will my order be shipped?
- A: Pending order verification and credit approval, orders placed prior to 10pm Eastern Time will be processed and shipped out from our warehouse within 24 hours. (Saturday, Sunday and holidays are not considered business days).
*Monogrammed items will be shipped within 7 business days.
*Engraved Items will be shipped within 2-3 weeks.
*In-Stock personalized items will be shipped usually within 24 hours.
- Q: When will my order be delivered?
- A: Orders that are successfully processed are shipped via USPS, FedEx, or UPS according to the following timeline based on the service level you select (please note these are AFTER we ship it out):
||Standard Ground||.........||3 to 7 business days
||2nd Day Air||.........||within 2 business days
||Overnight||.........||Next business day! (by the end of day)
Delivery schedules are estimated. Actual Delivery times may vary depending on shipping locations. When estimating package delivery time, please allow time for credit approval, address verification and order processing.
- Q: Is it possible to place an order online and request an in-store pickup?
- A: Yes! Orders placed BEFORE 10am (Monday - Friday), can be picked up after 2pm, the same business day. Orders placed after 10am (Monday - Friday), or on a Saturday or Sunday, will be available for pick-up the following business day after 2pm.
- Q: Can I request an in-store pickup for Monogrammed and/or Engraved items?
- A: Yes! Monogrammed items will be available for in-store pickup within 7 business days of purchase. Engraved items will be available for in-store pickup within 2-3 weeks of purchase. You will receive a call from Tweed when your monogrammed or engraved item is ready for pickup.
*In-stock personalized items will be available for in-store pickup according to the general guidelines listed above for regular inventory purchases.
- Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
- A: We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, and Discover.
- Q: Do you charge sales tax on any item?
- A: Sales tax will be added for taxable items in deliveries to Virginia. The current tax rate for Virginia is 5%. Shipments to any other state will not be charged tax.
- Q: Can I place a rush on an order for a monogrammed item?
- A: Yes! Please call us at 804-249-3900 to place a rush on a monogrammed item. A monogrammed item can be completed in 4 days for a rush fee of $8.00.
- Q: Can my order be shipped the same day that I place the order?
- A: Yes! Ordinarily, all orders are processed and ready for shipment within 24 hours of order placement. If you need for an item to arrive more quickly, please select an expedited shipping option such as "Overnight" or "2-Day". If your expedited order is placed before 12 PM EST, it will be shipped the same day that your order is placed.
- Q: Can I modify or cancel my order once it has been placed?
- A: Unfortunately, once an order has been placed, we cannot modify or cancel the order.
Returns and exchanges
- Q: What is Tweed's Return Policy?
- A: Tweed is happy to accept merchandise returns for a full refund with a copy of the original invoice. Refunds are possible on merchandise that is returned in re-sellable condition
(unused and in its original packaging). We're sorry, but we cannot accept returns on any personalized or monogrammed items. In the unlikely event that your merchandise is damaged upon
arrival or a mistake has been made by Tweed on your monogrammed merchandise, we will gladly replace or take back that item for a full refund at our expense.
- Q: How do I return or exchange my order?
- A: Returns are easy. You can return the merchandise through the USPS, FedEx, or UPS for a refund or a replacement. To make a return by mail, just complete the Return Form enclosed with your purchase. Please note the reason for the return and the action to be taken, such as replacement or refund. Place the Return Form in the box with your merchandise. Keep a copy for yourself. Please insure and track your shipment. Tweed is not responsible for items lost or damaged in shipment.
|Please return to:
||Tweed E-Commerce Returns
4035 Lauderdale Drive
Richmond, VA 23233
Take the package to any US Post Office, FedEx or UPS drop off center.
If you are in the Richmond, Virginia area, you may also make returns to our Tweed store in Short Pump at: 4035 Lauderdale Drive, Richmond, VA 23233.
- Q: How long does it take to get my exchange or refund?
- A: You can expect your refund/exchange to process within approximately 14 days of our receipt of your merchandise. Your banking institution may require additional days to process and post this transaction to your account once they have received the refund information from Tweed. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles from the day you return your package for your account to be credited.
- Q: What should I do if there is a shipping error?
- A: In the event that we processed an order incorrectly or sent and incorrect item, we will gladly replace or take back that item for a full refund at our expense.
- Q: Can my gift recipient exchange my gift?
- A: If your gift recipient would like to return an item, they may do so for Online Credit at tweedathome.com. Online Credit is only redeemable at tweedathome.com. Alternatively, the gift recipient may elect to credit back the original form of payment submitted by the person who placed the gift order. Their preference must be made on the Return and Exchange Form included with the shipment.
- Q: How can I return damaged merchandise?
- A: In the unlikely event that you receive damaged merchandise from tweedathome.com, we will gladly replace or take back that item for a full refund at our expense.
- Q: Can I return a monogrammed item?
- A: We're sorry, but we cannot accept returns on any personalized or monogrammed items. In the unlikely event that a mistake has been made by Tweed on your monogrammed merchandise, we will gladly replace or take back that item for a full refund at our expense.
- Q: In what order do the initials appear in a monogram?
- A: You have two options. An item can be monogrammed with the first initial, middle initial, and last initial in one font size. For example, John Williams Brown would be JWB. An item can also be monogrammed with an enlarged last initial in the middle, flanked by a smaller first initial and middle initial. For example, Elizabeth Smith Brown would be EBS. Either way is acceptable for a man or for a woman.
- Q: How should I have an item monogrammed for a married (or soon-to-be-married) couple?
- A: You have two options. Traditionally, items for a couple were monogrammed with only the bride's married initials. Today, a popular way to monogram items is to use the first initial of both the bride and the groom, with their last initial enlarged between them. Either way is acceptable. So for Elizabeth Smith Brown and John Williams Brown, you may choose between EBS and EBJ.
- Q: How should I have an item monogrammed for a married woman?
- A: A monogram for a married woman generally includes her first initial, middle initial, and married last initial. For example, Elizabeth Kathryn (Smith) Brown would be EKB or EBK. Some married women use their maiden names as their middle names. In that case, her monogram would include her first initial, maiden initial, and married last initial. For example, Elizabeth Smith Brown would be ESB or EBS. Additionally, tradition dictates that a woman's maiden monogram will always be acceptable, even if she marries. For Elizabeth Kathryn (Smith) Brown, EKS or ESK would be appropriate.